Good morning, fabulous friends! Today is Tuesday, June 17, 2014. (19 Sivan Sivan – Tammuz, 5774).
Today in History
- 653 – St Martin I ends his reign as Catholic Pope
- 1291 – Acre reconquered after 200 years of crusader control by Mamluks under Sultan al-Ashraf Khalil1621
- 1462 – Vlad III the Impaler attempts to assassinate Mehmed II (The Night Attack) forcing him to retreat from Wallachia.
Fact of the Day[Did You Know] Human jaw muscles can generate a force of 200 pounds on the 200 pounds on the molars.
Cheesy Joke Time
- Q. What did the water say to the boat?
- A. Nothing, it just waved.
Nature Kid Journal Entry
According to this article at Science News, you can actually toughen up glass by carving squiggly lines in it. This means that everything from window panes to drinking and wine glasses – even medical implants! – can be toughened up.
Imagine what that could mean for glass that already strong, like bulletproof glass!
P.S. Do you have a resource suggestion, an idea for a post or tutorial, or want support on your journey? Contact me here.